I have been bent and broken, but — I hope — into a better shape. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations (via recoveringrelapse)
If you hear that someone is speaking ill of you, instead of trying to defend yourself you should say, “He obviously does not know me very well, since there are so many other faults he could have mentioned. Epictetus (via fathershane)
It’s when I’m standing six feet away from you and not being able to find the words to tell you how much I love you and how much I miss you that I want to just scream to the whole room that I’m still in love with you. It’s when I’m sitting alone with the phone in my hand dialing your number and hanging up that I would trade a thousand tomorrows for just one yesterday. Then I could just call you to tell you goodnight. It’s when I am really sad about something and need someone to talk to that I realize you’re the only one who really knew me at all. It’s when I cry myself to sleep at night and it hits me how much I would give to hold you at that very moment. It’s when I think about you that I realize no one else in the world is meant for me. James Frey, A Million Little Pieces (via larmoyante)
So many people walk around with a meaningless life. They seem half-asleep, even when they’re busy doing things they think are important. This is because they are chasing the wrong things. The way you get meaning into your life is to devote yourself to loving others, devote yourself to your community around you, and devote yourself to creating something that gives your purpose and meaning. Randy Pausch (via wordsandlyrics)
- Shakespeare: "Never play with the feelings of others because you may win the game but the risk is that you will surely lose the person for a lifetime.
- Napoleon: "The world suffers a lot. Not because of the violence of bad people, but because of the silence of good people.
- Einstein: "I am thankful to all those who said NO to me, because of them I did it myself"
- Mahatma Gandhi: "The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong"
- Dr. Seuss: "Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened."
It’s so hard to forget pain, but it’s even harder to remember sweetness. We have no scar to show for happiness. We learn so little from peace. Chuck Palahniuk (via troubled)
You are imperfect, you are wired for struggle, but you are worthy of love and belonging. Brene Brown (via fuckyeahexistentialism)
I was always hungry for love. Just once, I wanted to know what it was like to get my fill of it — to be fed so much love I couldn’t take any more. Just once. Haruki Murakami (via creatingaquietmind)